FAQs AND SHORT BRIEF
BRIEF ON AGNIPATH SCHEME
- New HR methodology has been introduced in the Armed Forces i.e. the Agnipath Scheme. Under this scheme, Agniveers would be selected to serve the IAF for a duration of four years. The new scheme provides a golden opportunity for India’s youth to experience military life without having to make a long term commitment. This period of four years of active service provides the Agniveers with the much required time to resolve inhibitions if any, with respect to the services way of life and towards enabling them to decide upon Armed forces as a permanent career option.
- The new scheme gives the IAF an opportunity to tap and attract the best talent available in the country to serve the Indian Air Force with pride. A short tenure in the IAF will facilitate military training to a large section of our society and inculcate amongst them the qualities of leadership, patriotism, determination, discipline, maturity, courage, camaraderie, orderliness and sense of time management.
- Our endeavor would be to enroll Agniveers from all parts of the nation through an All India competitive examination process utilizing contemporary technology, practices and systems, specialized rallies and campus interviews at technical institutes and will also be resorted to select the most capable candidates. The selection process will continue to be maintained as per existing norms of the service and hence would ensure that quality of youth being enrolled is maintained and they are from all over the country.
- Today, the youth of our country are better educated and possess a higher exposure to technology as compared to earlier times. Apart from the general population, the scheme envisages enrolment of ITI students, National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) candidates as well as NCC cadets ensuring that the Agniveers have a better starting point and thus, more compatible to the technology intensive needs of the Indian Air Force. These Agniveers would be exposed to an improved tailor made training curriculum which will enable them to transit quickly and effectively in to the Air Force environment. Moreover, the Agniveers who would be joining the IAF as Regular Cadre would require lesser time for settling down and specialist training for manning tech intensive equipment. Post serving the IAF for four years, certain percentage of Agniveers would be given an opportunity to re-enroll themselves into regular cadre. The remaining Agniveers would be joining the civil life to pursue their careers in other organizations or work as dynamic entrepreneurs, thereby continuing to contribute to the overall development of the nation. The Seva Nidhi of approx. 10.04 Lakhs would aid the Agniveer to settle and lead a decent lifestyle as a young entrepreneur/ start a second career.
5. We are proud that we have been chosen as flag bearers to train and motivate youth and contribute towards the overall betterment of the nation.