Sericulture Development Department
- Promotion of vertical and horizontal expansion of sericulture in order to increase income of all stakeholders
- Improve access and availability of quality silkworm seed, mulberry saplings, appropriate technologies to all the stakeholders to boost productivity and production of quality cocoons.
- Enhance opportunities and empower woman (60% work force in sericulture comprises of woman) across the sericulture chain.
- Bridge the gap between socially backward and vulnerable like SC, ST & others through implementation of Tribal Sub Plan & Schedule Cast Sub Plan with other classes.
- Create gainful employment opportunities for un employed youth, improve socio economic status in rural areas by bringing vibrancy to village economics.
Name & Designation of Head of the Department
District Sericulture Officer